Wednesday, November 26, 2008

STANLEY arrives

I opened my mailbox about an hour ago and was thrilled to discover that screenwriter Gary Crutcher had sent me the new special edition DVD of William Grefé's snake shocker STANLEY (1972), starring Chris Robinson, Steve Alaimo and Alex Rocco. I've seen this movie a few times, but only the cut TV print, so I'm looking forward to enjoying this fully uncut version.

I'm also excited about the extras, which were put together by the very talented Daniel Griffith. I've talked with Daniel a couple of times and I can't wait to see his documentary THE WONDER WORLD OF K. GORDON MURRAY, which is due out next year. Gary showed me one of the supplements Daniel did for the upcoming DVD of THE NAME OF THE GAME IS KILL! and it's a lot of fun, so I'm sure the STANLEY disc will be a blast from start to finish.

1 comment:

Robert Plante said...

Would love if they could find the original soundtrack masters for NAME OF THE GAME; great Stu Philips score.