Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Endangered List (Case File #51)


Cleveland Plain Dealer - June 22, 1973 - "Action Tab" p. 4


THE WEDNESDAY CHILDREN (1973)

Written and directed
by
Robert D. West

Produced by
Homer Baldwin and Cal Clifford

Cinematography by
Homer Baldwin

Edited by
Homer Baldwin

Music by
Tom Baker and Dene Bays

A Venture Film Production Co. release
Running time: 88 minutes

Original title: MR. FENTON


CAST

Marji Dodril (as Mrs. Miller)
Donald E. Miller (as Mr. Miller)
Tom Kelly (as Scott Miller)
Carol Cary (as Mrs. Edith Barlow)
Al Miskell (as Mr. Fenton)
Robert D. West (as The Minister)


Variety - June 20, 1973



Boxoffice - March 12, 1974

Special thanks to John W. Donaldson


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Now this one sounds interesting...
I'd love to track down a print, though I doubt it's doable.

Arbogast said...

Would make an interesting double bill with The Blob, given the higher leanings of its producer/directors.

E.S. Coakley said...

:(
Wish I could've seen this one!

Brian Albright said...

Don't know how I missed this before. Bob West (who passed away a few years ago) was one of my professors at Kent State. I had no idea he'd made this film.

brian Albright said...

And strangely enough, Google tells me this may have played on Wadsworth cable access (where producer Homer Baldwin was a producer) this past October. I've emailed station management to see if that's the case.

The Dead Next Door said...

More on this one, plus screen caps!
http://regionalhorrorfilms.blogspot.com/2010/02/devil-went-down-to-wadsworth.html

Jorge Delarosa said...

Good news, schlockers - I have made a new dvd transfer from the one existing 16mm print that is in Bob West's possession (btw - he's not dead). Together we recorded audio commentary for the picture, and I cut a trailer out of the vhs copy - you can see this on youtube! I am currently authoring the dvd and THANK GOD for this site and it's newspaper reviews, which I'll include on the disc. Keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

The Wednesday Children screens at Cinematheque on Saturday, October 29, 2011 @ 7 p.m. The director, Bob West will be there for a discussion and Q&A. Details at: http://www.cia.edu/extended_film_schedule/

Bill Johnson

-Alan D Hopewell said...

I'VE GOT TO FIND THIS ON DVD!