Thursday, February 19, 2009

"'Cherry Hill High' Rated by Cherry Hill High Kids"

CHERRY HILL, N.J. – Life for high school students in this suburban community bears little similarity to the fun-filled, free-loving attitude portrayed in the film "Cherry Hill High." The R-rated picture is being shown at a number of drive-ins throughout Southern New Jersey and five local high school students were selected to act as critics for the film.

"There are no girls like that in the high school here," said one of the student-critics. "I'm still looking for them." One student-critic summed-up the sentiments of the group by stating: "This movie is the pits."

(Boxoffice, 11/21/1977)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, not the pits. I had a video store copy of this at one point - hopefully I still do. The girls of Cherry Hill High were/are IT.

Blog for Light is the New Dark - Studio said...

Having attended CHHSW myself I can say we had more than a few lookers. Back in the mid 80's whenever some young man from another district or town asked me: 'So, where do you go to school? ' - I can tell you by the look in their eyes that the search was still on. Even then, the ladies of that flick were fondly remembered.Campy as it is, I think it's great they showed it again on the big screen.