Saturday, February 07, 2009

And now Toronto jumps into the ring!

The Grindhouse Challenge continues! John Charles from Video Watchdog just sent in the Toronto movie listings for this week in 1980. Geez, this is starting to play out like GHIDRAH THE THREE-HEADED MONSTER -- I'm expecting Market Street in San Francisco to show up at any moment in the role of Mothra!

Biltmore: Not advertised

Cinema 2000: DEEP JAWS / FRANCHETTE

Eve: INFIDEL / LULLABY OF BARELAND / SENSUOUS SUZANNE

Hyland I: THE FOG

Imperial Six: WINDOWS

Imperial Six: THE GODSEND

International: A SCREAM FROM SILENCE

Metro: SEX ON THE GROOVE TUBE / DAISY CHAIN / LUST FOR SEX

Rio: Not advertised

Sheraton Centre Cinema I: APOCALYPSE NOW

University: THE NINTH CONFIGURATION (70MM)

Uptown Backstage 2: DRACULA SUCKS

400 Drive-In 1: OPERATION THUNDERBOLT / WILD RIDERS / 3rd movie not listed

400 Drive-In 3: CRY OF A PROSTITUTE / THE RAPE KILLER / THE SUPER JOCKS

Parkway Drive-In: CAGED HEAT! / WOMEN IN CAGES / NIGHT CALL NURSES

Dufferin Drive-In: SEXUAL FREEDOM IN DENMARK / SWEDEN HEAVEN AND HELL / THE STEWARDESSES

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Toronto...Welcome to the PARTY! I love my city...

Anonymous said...

I'm originally from Toronto, and visited in May of 1980. I very clearly remember gawking at some of these theatres. (I was 12)